Athlete In The Spotlight

Leave a Comment
Peter Orfanos


Senior Michael McIntosh is a defenseman and captain for the boys varsity soccer team. McIntosh has been playing varsity since his sophomore year and also plays varsity baseball in the spring. I recently had the pleasure of sitting down with Mike to talk sports and life.

At what age did you start playing this sport?
I started playing Haverhill Pal around the age of four.

Was there anything in particular that inspired you to play ?
My favorite player inspired me, Taylor Twellman. He played for the New England Revolution, and I always watched him play.

What’s your most memorable moment as an athlete?
When I was around ten years old, my travel team went undefeated.

Do you plan on continuing playing your sport in college?
Not for the actual team, but I wouldn’t mind playing on a recreational team. 

What do you hope to accomplish this season?
I really want to make it to the state tournament. I feel like with some hard work we can get there.

What’s one thing that pushes you to be the best you can for your team?
Knowing that it’s my senior year, I want to give everything I have and go out with a bang.

How does the coaching staff contribute to the team’s success?
Practice helps us get ready for games. His speeches get us into the right mindset to play on game day.

How do you manage being a student athlete?
When I get home from soccer, the first thing I do is bang out school work so I don’t have to do it later on.

Who is the athlete you most admire?
Jose Bautista. He never gives up on the game and he always gives his team a shot to win. He never gives up, that’s what I aim to do.

Do you have a “hype song” or a song that prepares you on game day?
“My Life” by The Game ft. Lil Wayne.
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

PROFESSIONAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig